Lovely Green Basket

The creative process, and things that I dig.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fall winding down

Well, fall is slowly coming to an end `round these parts.  Lots of rain, and I must say, that this has been one of the most miserable falls that I can remember: very little sunshine, and grey, grey, grey. 

Oh well.  I don't venture out too much when the weather is so bad, so I've been working on several projects.  The mod rag-doll that I've been working on is finally done.  I'm quite happy with her, too.  Will take pictures this weekend.  Plus, my re-rooted biba-esque Sindy now has a groovy new hipster outfit, and I've posted some things on e-bay and Etsy.  Things are slowly progressing, and I'm quite encouraged by it.

Otherwise, I've been doing a bit of reading.  I've been absorbed by a biography about the life and work of Dora Carrington.  It's an absolutely fascinating read:  she was very passionate and I adore her artwork - so expressive, gorgeous, sad; breathtaking!  Admittedly, I had only first heard of her when I saw the 1995 movie Carrington.  While I did quite enjoy the film, it (understandably) either ignored or only vaguely alluded to key details of her life.  Supplementing the film with my own reading has been very enlightening.

Musically, I've been on a heavy rotation of the following albums:

Ani Difranco - not a pretty girl
Bob Dylan - Desire
New York Dolls
Siouxie and the Banshees (singles collection)
Nick Drake (Way to Blue)
Devil Doll - Queen of Pain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home