Lovely Green Basket

The creative process, and things that I dig.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More dollies, and Flickr


Juli bc close 03
Originally uploaded by juli_velo_poupee.
Good day.

I have a new pic host/account at flickr - very nifty, I must say.

So here I am with yet another crochet dolly. I made this one for my aunt Bianca who came over from Vancouver for a visit. This time, instead of Red Heart acrylic yarn, I used Bernat satin yarn - which gave the the baby a nice lustre.

My time off has been going pretty well. I'm chugging along making some items for my Etsy shop. Most notably, I've designed a stylized cloth doll - kind of modern, funky dolls with clothing sewn on - quite different from the dolls that I have been making so far, but I'm really liking the results. She's not quite done yet - I'm having quite a time stuffing her long, skinny limbs so I'm going to finally order some Barbara Willis stuffing forks

I'll be taking a few days off from being off - my old job called me asking me if I'd like to do some data entry for a week. I figure "why not?" since it will only be for a week, and that means that I'll be able to make enough to cover most of my share of a month's rent, which means another month off! Woo hoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home