Lovely Green Basket

The creative process, and things that I dig.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

First post (how's that for an original entry title!)

Well, I'm so thrilled to finally have one of these things.

First, an intro...

My name is Juliana Del Rio, I live in Ottawa, Canada with a super-sweet boyfriend who is very tolerant of my insatiable need to create. I'm a bit of a slacker, so my creativity tends to come in bursts and I bide my wee time sewing, knitting, crocheting, singing (loudly), playing guitar (poorly), beading, cooking, drawing (I'm currenctly obsessed with crayons... don't ask), doll-making, and loving my brand new Creative MP3 Player.


Not surprisingly, I of course have a day-job. Being a permanent temp, I'm currently working for the Public Health Agency of Canada as a senior clerk, and will be doing this until about mid-August. My long-term goal, however, is to run a successful creative business that will merge all of my passions.

Since this is going to be a crafty blog, and not a sucking up to manufacturers of MP3 players blog, I'd like to show you some of the stuff I do. Or, rather, one of the things that I do. It's 10:45pm (ie, past my bed-time), and being anything but a morning person, I'll make this entry a shortish one.

Here is a little shoulder-bag that I whipped up on my machine. The design is by one of the many wonderful folks at craftster.org. Enter "rounder roomy bag" and you'll find a super-nifty tutorial so that you, too can make a bag of your very own. Or you can buy this bag from me at my Etsy shop (a plug is not a plug unless it is a shameless one).



Anyway, thanks for indulging me. I'm really happy to have this space, and do visit often!!

Love, Juliana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home