Lovely Green Basket

The creative process, and things that I dig.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

New addition?

Hee hee. It's been a while. There you have it.

Anyhew, so I've been working on several things, but I'm at work and all of my images are at the computer at home, so I'll post some stuff about Blythe.

Okay, so I pretty much thought that I had finished purchasing dolls. When I was working another boring office job, I filled the emptiness inside with lots of e-bay dollies such as Dawn, Crissy, Barbie, Sindy, Strawberry Shortcake, tons of sewing patterns...you get the idea. Anyway, it all got to be somewhat more than only a little bit much, so during my hiatus last year (I take a few months off each year from office work - it's the only way I'm able to tolerate it) I sold off a bunch of my goodies on e-bay. Most of them were just sitting in boxes so it was great to lighten my load. Never again, quoth I... Until I saw this baby:

Is she not just gorgeous? her outfit, hair, purse, and doe are custom made by Jam Fancy, who is a fabulous seamstress and artist. Do check out her blog!! Anyway, this girl won a Blythe design competition, and deservedly so. I mean, just look at that darling crocheted hat!! She is going to be produced as a limited edition, isn't that awesome? Seeing JF's beautiful dolls has stirred an insatiable desire in me to acquire one of these lovelies, myself. I'm thinking about this pretty gal:

She's a reproduction made by Hasbro for the Ashton-Drake galleries (or is that the other way around ??) and I think she's just lovely. Her dress is very me, I must say - I love those groovy caftan-esque dresses:

Here's another:

Quite sweet in auburn, too. I can just see myself making little outfits, styling their hair, or making mohair wigs... *sigh* I'm such a girl!

Yay for dollies.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home